If you are looking for the most thorough and comprehensive assortment of dance lessons which will make you fit, nimble and active then you must consider a number of important factors. Firstly, dance lessons are best when taught by skilled and qualified professionals who really know what they are talking about when it comes to the finer points of swing, foxtrot and rumba.
Dance lessons get everyone involved and you can really show off your talents, yet they need to be applicable to beginners, intermediate performers and more advanced, knowledgeable participants.
When looking for dance lessons you should also be aware of how much personal one-on-one dance lessons will help you achieve your goals. Therefore it is good to talk to the teachers and find this out.
Even learning in smaller classes, one may need personal one-on-one dance lessons to help them learn better. Some skills are very hard to learn so the you may need and want to have some personal one-on-one dance lessons from time to time when learning.
The following are 6 reasons anyone should get personal one-on-one dance lessons.
1. Extra help: One can do with a bit of assistance from personal one-on-one dance lessons. Occasionally one may require, or like extra help with certain routines. An extra bit of individual assistance will be sufficient to get on track, so you do not get disappointed or frustrated.
2. Special part in a performance: You may need or want a bit of individual training to get the routine right if you have a special part in the live show. This will help you give your best performance and not get worried about failing as a result of nerves, or feeling you are not good enough for the role. With a little individual training you will be more confident about your audition/performance.
3. Learn at a different pace from the rest of the class: Everybody learns differently. A dance teacher will often need to adjust the pace at which the group is learning to better suit the group. Some dancers may learn a certain routine faster and others a bit slower. A good instructor knows that this is quite normal and will have factored this sort of thing into their schedule. It’s quite normal and if it’s bothering you, getting one on one lessons will remedy it.
4. Understanding dance communication: Dance is a whole new language and it is important for the student to understand it fully when taking dance lessons. Personal one-on-one dance lessons will help with this. Sometimes in a group this will be difficult to put across, but with some individual teaching it can become clear. The better the communication the more a student will be able to learn and perfect dance routines and skills.
5. Tailoring curriculum: Everyone has a special personality and dance is a very individual thing. Personal one-on-one dance lessons within the class allows a teacher to tailor the curriculum a little to suit any special needs you may have. This enables you to learn better, and get the most out of your dance lessons.
Dance incorporates many things and each individual has different ways to express themselves. When you find a school with teachers who are prepared to go that extra mile you know you have a winning school.